Soprano & Voice Teacher, North York, Toronto, (Don Mills & Sheppard)

Welcome!

I'd like to share on this blog things that inspired me (relating to music, singing & vocal pedagogy) - hopefully they will inspire you too! Frequency - about once a month. You are welcome to leave your comments and suggestions or e-mail me.

I will also publish in this blog events and performances and you are also welcome to visit my official website or voice studio website. Happy reading and singing!

~ Miriam


Saturday, March 13, 2010

Django Bates (Interval Song)

Django Bates
Continuing with colourful characters to suit the beautiful spring: while thinking and searching for creative ways to learn intervals I came across this Interval Song by Django Bates from his CD You Live And Learn... (Apparently).


If you can't view the video, click here.


I love it. Yes, it is very annoying, but at the same time so catchy and so much fun. And yes, if you like it - it means you're a music nerd. But you're in good company, because so is Django Bates, who reminds me a bit of the 21st century version of John Cage ("I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." ~John Cage). Get inspired by Django Bates Quotes, by his biography on his website by Django Bates's Music or just by the Latin jazz rhythms...


And to balance the previous quote by Schubart:
"Being a musician is incompatible with self-importance because it is surreal in itself. Selling vibrations in the air. What's more surreal than that?" ~Django Bates.


Free ear training tools for are available here.

No comments: